Corinex Communications Corp. develops and manufactures leading edge solutions based on ultra high-speed powerline communication for Smart Metering and SmartGrid applications. It offers highly secure applications for energy theft prevention, along with load and asset management implemented within the Smart Metering Infrastructure. Its BPL communication solution supports multiple meter vendors, conforming to both IEC and ANSI meter specifications. Corinex customers are comprised of leading world utilities and their suppliers.
The Software Engineer is part of a team responsible for the requirement analysis, design, coding, testing, modification, and maintenance of Smart Grid and Smart Metering systems. Our ideal candidate is a positive team player, proactive, hands-on with a “can do” attitude and willingness to learn!
- Full lifecycle complex software development including object-oriented analysis and design
- Designing, coding, and debugging applications in various software languages
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Use software engineering tools in performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, and automation
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given issues
- Able to work independently with little to no supervision and focus on the right priorities in a timely fashion
- Development of embedded software on Linux platform, utilizing appropriate design techniques and tools
- Contribute to requirements specification for interfacing with 3rd party systems
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong software programming capability in C/C++, Java and PHP with 3+ years of development experience
- Bash and Python scripting experience
- Solid understanding of network layers and protocols i.e. TCP/IP, ICMP, Ethernet etc.
- Prior database experience such as Oracle, MySQL and Sqlite
- Prior experience working with Web Services, SOAP, WSDL, XML, HTML
- Prior experience designing and developing solutions in embedded Linux environment
- Complete system test approach for complex end-to-end solutions
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Considered an Asset:
- Experience with COSEM/DLMS
- Understanding of Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) concepts
- Experience working with communications protocols and standards (SNMP, IDIS, IEC, ICMP)
- Experience with ARM-based microcontrollers
Very interesting working environment in an industry leading international company, great growth potential, industry competitive salary, stock options based on the results.
Please include title "Software Engineer" on the Subject Line of your Email application.
*Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted. Recruiters, please don't contact us about this position.